Welcome to Saint Oran Speaks

My photo
Saint Oran Speaks is a blog of messages channeled through M. E. Jones from Saint Oran, the Druid of the Hebrides. After a long rest on an ancient island, he has returned with messages from spirit. Thank you for bearing witness to the unfolding . . . NEW content on the way!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spiritual Gardening

It's been a while since the last post.
Spring brings changes, including upheaval. My sleep patterns have
been upset by a variety of environmental causes, so I have decided to write when the air(and the noise from the neighbor upstairs) clears. I've been using the energy to work in garden, getting a jump on spring planting.

Ideally, mediums can control the sounds around them, I guess. But in
modern life, this isn't always possible. Makes me wonder how people deal with the outer world when they must use their "ethereal" skills rain or shine.

While Oran's messages are on hold, through me, I've been doing a bit of research-- I wonder how many people have used automatic writing from divination. I knew about William Butler Yeats, and his experiments, but I did not know about Victor Hugo. The French writer was exiled from all of France in 1851 for his political adventures and his views of French ruler, Louis Bonaparte.While in exile on the Isle of Jersey, Hugo began the practice of automatic writing.

In VictorHugo's Conversations with the Spirit World, by John Chambers, you can read a collection of Hugo's automatic writing sessions with an amazing variety of entities, from Shakespeare to the actual planets of Mercury and Jupiter.

I would be remiss if I did not express the tickle of the skeptic that lives in me, even as I channel the material-- this tickle, this internal question is not much larger than a grain of sand-- but it's there. Not all of the time but when I see the list of Hugo's automatic writing visitors, I am floored:



I sometimes think "Is this real? Is this really happening?" I think scientific investigation of the paranormal is critical to getting to the bottom of consciousness and connectivity. I do believe. I guess the need for "proof" is inherent in the modern, human experience which places greater importance of the material world. I trust that the messages will return, if I do the same things I'm doing in the garden outside: clear the brush, turn the soil, acknowledge the shoots pushing through the soil, reaching for the sun.

No comments: