Welcome to Saint Oran Speaks

My photo
Saint Oran Speaks is a blog of messages channeled through M. E. Jones from Saint Oran, the Druid of the Hebrides. After a long rest on an ancient island, he has returned with messages from spirit. Thank you for bearing witness to the unfolding . . . NEW content on the way!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

9th Century Boys

Everything's connected. Lives intersect. The past is present, and you can see the past as it is happening right now, because all is NOW. . .



Last year, for Christmas, I gave my friend Mat a picture I’d kept in my collection of found images for about ten years. The picture: a castle somewhere in Portugal, clinging to a rocky and unforgiving coast. I loved the mysterious picture, taken some time, much much earlier in the last century. Found it crammed in a drawer with hundreds of other pictures in an antique shop in Oregon, somewhere. Years later I met Mat-- his ancestors hail from Portugal, and I thought it fitting for him to have the photo. Not that it was easy to part with the picture-- but you know, nothing is really yours, is it? I’m so glad I let the image go. I got the most amazing blessing from Mat in return-- and it was an unexpected present, waiting in my in box-- just in time for my birthday. I got this:




Yes, that's Mat, holding the picture I gave him, in front of the actual castle. Mat wrote this:



You were in my thoughts when I visited the Castelo dos Mouros (Moorish Castle) in the town of Sintra in Portugal.  It was a 9th century castle built by the Moors then taken over by everyone else basically. The view was breathtaking and amazingly inspiring.  You were in my thoughts while I was there.

I hope you're well.

Love,
Mat




Thank you, Mat. This means A LOT.
Love right back.


PS-- El Castelo dos Mouros was built a century after St. Oran was thought to have lived. . .

No comments: