Welcome to Saint Oran Speaks

My photo
Saint Oran Speaks is a blog of messages channeled through M. E. Jones from Saint Oran, the Druid of the Hebrides. After a long rest on an ancient island, he has returned with messages from spirit. Thank you for bearing witness to the unfolding . . . NEW content on the way!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Page and the paper

Hello!

Hope all is well in this, the best of all possible worlds. . . I have not been quiet enough to receive messages lately, with the rigor of daily life, I've been a bit whelmed.

I am currently doing some teaching assistant work at the art school in the town where I live. This was a last-minute appointment, so I'm a little thrown off, or thrown IN, rather.

What is delightful is that I am assisting a young girl in an art class who has cerebral palsy-- her teacher, though nice, has no experiment with people with different abilities and didn't quite know what to "do" with her, so they called for an assistant-- me. I'd been meaning to learn how to draw, so it's a perfect situation!

I'm learning so much in the class-- in terms of art, and in terms of working with and encouraging this young person. I have a brother with autism, so I am accustomed to being with people who "straddle worlds" but in this case, I see that I am there to affirm to the student that SHE CAN be an artist in the way that her body and her mind will allow, and the best artists listen to the voice within not to what others think is right. I've encouraged her project her thoughts out to the page and the paper-- to be guided by the lines she draws with her mind first.

I could take my own advice!



More from Oran, soon. Thanks for reading, and be well.

--The Gilded Butterfly

No comments: