Welcome to Saint Oran Speaks

My photo
Saint Oran Speaks is a blog of messages channeled through M. E. Jones from Saint Oran, the Druid of the Hebrides. After a long rest on an ancient island, he has returned with messages from spirit. Thank you for bearing witness to the unfolding . . . NEW content on the way!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Oran connection: a brief history

Hello everyone,
(I realized that I wanted to give a little introduction to this blog. The first two transmissions from Oran are posted below, also out of order. Ahh, the fantastic world of order and blogging!)

Thanks for taking a look at this new blog, St. Oran Speaks. I have been communicating with Spirit via automatic writing, off and on, for about ten years. Until recently, automatic writing was my personal parlor trick-- I felt that the information was coming from somewhere, but I had a very difficult time trusting the energies, but my thoughts have since shifted. You too, might have a hard time believing that automatic writing is “real,” as this form of mediumship has a checkered past.

What's up with automatic writing?
Early 19th Century theologians, a few of the Dadaists, and William Butler Yeats, etc., lots of people have experimented with this technique for exploring the unconscious. I believe that automatic writing is a psychic ability that can be learned. When used properly, I believe the information to be accurate (though I rarely use the technique for predictions-- I generally choose to listen and receive the message that comes, instead).



How does it feel?
Most recently, I saw a contestant on the reality magic show, Phenomenon use automatic writing as his “act” sweating and writhing-- struggling with his spirit. I don’t doubt the technique, but I can honestly say I have never felt the mortal struggle that particular contestant was expressing. For me, automatic writing feels very natural-- I am aware of feeling the pen being guided across the page, and I feel a clear sensation in my writing hand, but pain? I don’t feel pain. I don’t feel possessed. I feel engaged. I don’t “disappear” I remain aware of the world around me, I know that I must support the pen, at the same time allowing the writing to come forth.


Meeting Oran.
I first “met” Oran through a dream in the fall of 2001. I was in Eastern Europe, when I dreamt of a house-- a tiny cottage, shaped like the ones your used to draw when you were a child-- a triangle stacked on top of a square. Simple. Years later, I felt the urge to use my automatic writing talents. In private, I said my usual prayer of protection, held the pen in my left hand, and waited for some sign of connection. (I am right-handed and though I am somewhat ambidextrous, but I wouldn’t say that writing with my left hand is easy for me. I can hardly hold a pen to paper with my left hand, unless I’m being guided, working in partnership).

I waited for the pen to move. . . And then, Oran appeared. He passed my test (I always do a spiritual test, to be sure that I am communicating with high-level energies (there’s a lot A LOT of “stuff” out there- I never make a connection without protecting myself). Now I speak with Oran quite often, among other guides-- but at this time, my specific instruction is to share with you what I am experiencing through Oran only. Something I have learned about communicating with spirit realms-- energy remains the same, personality is unchanged, and there is a WILL you are dealing with that is as individual and opinionated as you are. Respect is essential on both sides of the table.


Why Oran?
I don’t know, and I don’t know why he came to me. I am not Irish, or Scottish, I am unaware of any human ties to his lands of origin. There's more to say about this, but later, in future posts.


Who is this Oran?
When he lived, Oran (or Odhran) was a Druid Monk, living on the Isle of Iona. There are several versions of the legend, but essentially, Saint Columba attempted to build a chapel on the island, but the structure was repeatedly ripped down. A voice came to Columba, instructing him to bury a living man under the wall or the building would never be completed. In comes Oran, (in some stories, Columba’s son, in others, a monk living on the island) who either volunteered to placed in the wall of the small chapel or was directed to do so, by his father. One day, Columba got the urge to see Oran’s face again, and had him slightly unearthed. Oran was not dead-- he offered “reports” about the worlds. Due to his babbling, Oran was re-entombed, and later moved and buried in consecrated ground. Nothing survives of the original chapel, yet the symbol of the little chapel endures, and later version stands on the island today.

If you'd like to read a little more about St. Oran and see another pic of the chapel, visit:seakayakphoto.blogspot.com




Again, a kind, word of caution:
If you are experimenting with automatic writing, or any form of spiritual connecting, for that matter, you MUST protect yourself, otherwise you may be connecting with something or someone beyond your earthly abilities. In short. . . know your entity.


Thanks for your readership-- I look forward to the journey.

:)
The Gilded Butterfly

No comments: